Professional Finishing Techniques with Anniken Allis - Saturday 15 February
- Sew in ends neatly,
- block and press pieces correctly,
- sew up garments using mattress stitch,
- shaping to make sewing up easier,
- picking up stitches for neck bands and button bands,
- short row shaping and
- three needle cast off for shoulders.
- A blunt sewing needle.
- Two 15x15 cm stocking stitch swatches in a smooth yarn. Do not cast off your swatches but leave them on a piece of waste yarn.
- Bring a third swatch in stocking stitch (approx 15x15cm) - this swatch can be cast off.
- We will provide some smooth DK yarn for use on the day but please bring suitable needles with you.
Professional Finishing Techniques with Anniken Allis
Saturday 15 February - 10.30am to 5pm
After spending hours, weeks or months knitting a beautiful garment poor finishing can ruin all your hard work.
Learn how to:
Skills needed: Knit, purl, cast on and cast off.
The cost is £90 per student and includes the yarn for use on the day and light refreshments.
There will be a 30 minute break for lunch and while there are several eating options in the area you may wish to bring something with you as there isn’t much time.
Anniken is a lifelong continental knitter with several years of teaching experience in yarn shops around the UK. Her designs have been published in several UK and international magazines including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, Knitscene, Knit Simple, Knitting Traditions, Interweave Crochet, Knitty.com, Let's Knit, Knitting, The Knitter, Simply Knitting, Inside Crochet, Simply Crochet and Verena.
Anniken is considered one of the UK's leading lace designers and learnt to knit as a young child while growing up in Norway. Her designs feature a variety of techniques including lace, cables and fair isle and she is well known for her beautiful lace shawls as well as garments. Anniken has published two books, Beaded Lace Knitting in 2015 and Easy Lace Knits in 2018.
Full refund of payment will be given for cancellations ONLY if the spot can be filled by another student.
We reserve the right to cancel a class in unusual circumstances. We try to do everything to prevent this wherever possible, but sometimes it cannot be avoided. If this situation occurs, a full refund will be given.
Please contact us for private individual or group classes.
- Variant: Default Title
- In Stock: 3
- Weight: 0 g